Natural Wood Tree Stand
All you need is a stump, drill, 1″ paddle bit and a fake christmas tree !
1. Start by chopping down a tree. Well, not really…it’s easier to call your local tree service and recycle someone else’s dirty work.
2. Proudly carry home your trophy stump because “The Lumberjack” is a good look.
3. Measure your tree’s center post to choose the correct size paddle bit. Then, using your drill, bore a hole in the center of your stump about four-to-six inches deep.
4. Line up the base of your tree with the hole and insert it into the stump.
5. Fluff your tree to make it picture perfect.
6. Plug it in and decorate!
I thought this was especially fun because I found out that in Edmonton you can purchase a permit for $5.00 to cut down your own tree ! How cool is that ? More information on that here
Hand Knit Socks
I think these are so cute! They look a little tough to make, not as easy as a scarf. I found this over on Purl Bee, there is a great step by step guide on how to make them.