I never put up food posts, mostly baking ones. So I thought I would share Aimee and my first time at making home-made pasta and how successful it was, mostly. I have the Kitchen-Aid pasta attachment and it’s so awesome!
For the dough
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3-5 tablespoons of water
With the hook attachment on your mixer, on medium speed, mix together flour and eggs. Add in tablespoons of water if you think it’s too dry. Once a ball of dough forms, mix (on medium-low speed) for another 5 minutes. Knead dough on floured surface a few times, wrap in plastic and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the filling
- 2 butternut squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmasen cheese
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
For Sage Brown Butter
- 1 stick of un-salted butter
- 10-15 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 °. Cut your butternut squash into cubes, and remove seeds and skin. Place on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 25 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Once tender, place squash in a bowl and mash, with a fork or masher. Add cheese, maple syrup, nutmeg, and more salt and pepper if needed. Let it cool while you make pasta!
- Remove dough from the fridge, and cut into 6 pieces. Begin to roll it out with your pasta maker, starting off large and lowering the setting each time. You want it thin. Make sure to use lots of flour so it doesn’t stick. We found having two people was good, I rolled the dough and Aimee make the raviolis. I found out the hard way that if you leave the sheets of pasta too long, they dry out and stick… so move quickly!
- Place the filling on the dough, fold over and dab water along sides to seal it together.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt stick of butter. Once melted, add sage leaves and cook on medium-low for 2-3 minutes, until butter starts to brown. Remove from heat.
- Add ravioli to boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until they float. Drain and add to sauce immediately.
Thanks for coming over Aimee! I look forward to our next pasta adventure!
Aimee’s Instagram picture