- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpouse flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Put butter, brow sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs, one at a time, followed by molasses and oil.
2. Reduce speed to low ; gradually mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt. Cover dough with plastic wrap ; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 325 F. Put remaining 1/4 cup sugar n a bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, form balls of dough. Roll bolls in sugar to coat, and space three inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are flat and centers are set, about 17 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.