- 1 cup and 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup guinness
- ¾ cup sifted cocoa powder
- 2 + ¼ cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/3 cup cream cheese (300 grams)
- 1 + 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Add butter, cocoa and Guinness to medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Add flour, baking soda and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix together well. Then pour in the Guinness, cocoa and butter mixture, mixing until combined. Add the vanilla, eggs and sour cream, mixing until combined. Your batter should be thick and dark, and delicious😉
- Pour batter into a greased and lined angel food pan and cook in oven for at least an hour, maybe an hour and 15 minutes. Test by using a skewer and if it comes out clean around the centre of the cake, it’s done. It should be moist.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the cake tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- With whisk attachment, whip whipping cream for 5-1o minutes then set aside.
- Place cream cheese into the bowl of your mixer and beat on low/medium speed with either paddle or whisk attachment. Whisk until it’s smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Gradually add sifted powdered sugar and beat until combined, scrapping down sides when necessary.
- Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in the whipped cream, mixing until fully combined.
- Once cake is cooled completely, add your icing!
*cake recipe was found from Katie Quinn Davis