Well it’s practically winter here in Alberta so why am I posting about popsicles? Maybe it’s sunny and warm where you live. I made these over a month ago and from what I remember they were pretty delicious.
Recipe is slightly adapted from the cook book Perfect Pops by Charity Ferreira
What you need:
- approximately 2 cups of strawberries, hulled and chopped (6-12 sliced strawberry wheels, optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 graham crackers, crushed
- Put the strawberries in a blender and puree until smooth. Move the puree into a bowl and whisk in the sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds and slide down the strawberry slices on both sides. Leave some room to add crumbled graham crackers for the ‘crust’ feel. Put in the freezer for at least 6 hours, after about 2 hours I add the popsicle sticks.
- When ready to eat run under hot water for a few minutes, until the popsicle is free from the mould!